Welcome to Avocado Mornings, Episode 2! This week, I reveal my big problem—actually, my TWO big problems—with the phrase “do what you love.”
Here is the audio link, which will open up in a new tab: The Problem with “Do What You Love.”
In this episode, I talk about:
- The stressful stigma of doing what you love in an entrepreneurial world
- The unheard ending of the phrase that no one talks about
- The potential for added stress when we attach financial stigma to doing what we love
- The place we should really be starting from
- How I let salsa dancing just be something I loved, without a stigma attached
- What really matters when it comes to the things that you love
- How to reclaim the phrase
I’d love for you to tell me in the comments what you think—and one thing you’ll do to reclaim “do what you love” this week.
P.S. The Boulder Reservoir was in fact closed (this will make sense after you listen), but I did do a beautiful 3.5-mile run around my city, which is recovering from the recent 100-Year Flood. People are still being air-lifted out of their homes, but the community has really come together to offer support and healing in this intense time.